Root filesystem went Read- only mode

Santosh Kumar tosantoshkumar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:55:59 UTC 2009

Hope you are doing well.

Root filesystem went Read- only mode on production server. Please help me it
happens on three different servers and twice on one server within 10days.
My Database is corrupted. I am using RHEL4 update 7 on some of servers. Disk
is SAN device.

There seems to be some problem in writing to control file below. Oracle got
terminated abruptly.
Can anyone please look into it.

ORA-00206: error in writing (block 3, # blocks 1) of control file
ORA-00202: control file: '/u03/oradata/protect/CONTROL02.CTL'
ORA-27072: File I/O error

Problem solved after reboot the server but its not possible always on
Production server.

I will really appreciate for any clue.

Thanks and Regards,
Santosh Kumar