iptables question

Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov
Tue Mar 17 14:41:12 UTC 2009

I have to review when ever I deal with iptables

http://www.faqs.org/docs/iptables/index.html
http://www.linode.com/wiki/index.php/Netfilter_IPTables_Mini_Howto   [has
lots of examples]

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/ref-guide/s1-iptables-options.html

             "Blackburn,
             Marvin"
             <mblackburn at glenr                                          To
             aven.com>                 <redhat-list at redhat.com>
             redhat-list-bounc
             es at redhat.com                                         Subject
                                       iptables question

             03/17/2009 09:32
             AM

             Please respond to
              General Red Hat
             Linux discussion
                   list
             <redhat-list at redh
                  at.com>

I'm trying to get familiar with iptables.  I am making some progress,
but I'm trying to figure out what these lines mean in
/etc/sysconfig/iptables (especially the first 5).

This was generated on a rhel5 system using system-config-securitylevel

*filter

:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]

:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]

:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]