RHEL5 and HP PSP 8.20

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Tue Mar 24 16:48:30 UTC 2009

From: Phebe Mertes Sent: March 24, 2009 06:23

> HP does offer documentation on how PSP does not work.
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?obje
> ctID=c01663933&dimid=1130744662&dicid=alr_mar09&jumpid=em_alerts/u
> s/mar09/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category_ISSPCNHPProLian
> /alerts

Are you sure about that link? I took a look at the document and I did
not see anything in there indicating "how PSP does not work". My take
on that document is that they are announcing, amongst other things,
a new version of PSP with additional O/S and hardware support.

> I am working with RHEL5.3 64 bit custom install and my RHCE and HP
> expert have me installing only the Server Management Homepage, not
> the PSP.

Just to clarify here, they are advising you to install only the System
Management Homepage from the PSP not the whole PSP (as SMH appears to
be distributed as part of the PSP). If you are installing it separate
from the PSP could it be that they have extracted it from the PSP for
you (I was not able to locate a separate package for SMH only as part
of the PSP)?

My apologies if I come off sounding overly picky but I just want to
make sure I understand correctly.

Thanks again for your input.

Regards, Hugh

--