Problems with Cups 1.3.7-8

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Wed May 6 14:48:34 UTC 2009

Margaret Doll wrote:

> Do you have a BrowseAllow? I've got
>
> I do have the first line
> BrowseAllow @LOCAL
>
> What does the 192.168.0.1  represent?  I am on a university subnet, so I
> am not using the 192 subnet.

Ah. I just cut and pasted from my own configuration file, and on my SOHO, I'm
using the 192.168.* You'd want to have a BrowseAllow from your subnets; that
way, *IF* I've gotten this right, they could get to it, but no one else could.
The browsing I *think* allows other systems to browse to find the server with
the printer.

	mark