Default params for quorumdisk

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Tue May 26 12:25:18 UTC 2009

2009/5/26 Schaffrath, Rene <Rene.Schaffrath at mundipharma.de>

> Hi,
>
> you need to configure fencing. If the two nodes can't see each other, they
> don't know in what state the other node is and thus halt every operation. If
> you configure fencing, one node will "shoot the other node in the head"
> (stonithd is used in linux-ha afaik), e.g. shut it down via ilo or an ups
> interface. The node only continues to operate, if the fence script notifies
> success.
> This is a basic principle in any cluster solutions I know and is always a
> big problem in a 2-node cluster.
>
> Hope this makes it clearer,
> René

Thanks  for  your answer René,

The fencing was a concept that was difficult to me to underestand, but now I
think its controlled.

the fence devices works fine. (or I think they do). I use iLO and when I use
the command fence_node nodexxx it works fine.

the problem is when I unplug the cable from the service network, not the
heartbeat network,

ESG