Prefix question

Smith Jack (Ext. - UGIS - UniCredit Group) jack.smith.extern at unicreditgroup.de
Mon May 11 08:43:17 UTC 2009

The documentation indicates that it's possible to specify more than one
'prefix' in the spec file, but does not provide an example, or explain
how one could use this feature.

"Note: You can define more than one Prefix: directive to list more than
one top-level directory. "

How does one specify the second (or further) prefix

Is it simply a matter of something like this:

Prefix: /usr/local
Prefix: /usr/share

wouldn't the second definition over-write the first, or is it cumulative
?

or do do something weird (and undocumented) like appending subsequent
prefixes with digits as in:

Prefix: /usr/local
Prefix1: /usr/share

or what ?

Secondly, once I've defined more than one prefix, what rpm commandline
option allows me to relocate the respective values:

rpm -Uvh --prefix=/some/path --prefix1=/other/path
my_beautiful_package-0.001-1.i386.rpm?

Or do I only have the option of specifying one prefix value on the
commandline (which limits how flexible the relocation is) ?

I look forward to your reply ?