Xen virtual machines and ntp

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Wed May 13 18:13:35 UTC 2009

2009/5/13 mark <m.roth2006 at rcn.com>

> ESGLinux wrote:
> >
> > that was my first idea, (and woks well with other servers).
> > but dovecot kills itself when the time goes backwards
> >
> > as you see in
> > http://wiki.dovecot.org/TimeMovedBackwards
> >
> > 1 You're running ntpdate periodically. This isn't a good idea.
>
> Nope. You make sure ntp's not running, do that *once*, then fire up service
> ntp.

When I had problems were when I run the ntpdate from the cron to try to keep
on time.

Now, I run ntpdate once, and then I run service ntpd start

> Several things: try putting into your /etc/ntp.conf, AS THE VERY FIRST
> LINE,
> tinker panic 0

I have  put this line,

I have restarted ntpd

Now this is the time:

#date
mie may 13 20:11:51 CEST 2009

Tomorrow I´ll see the date to check if your clue has worked

Thanks, and see you tomorrow :;-)

ESG