Xen virtual machines and ntp

Jose R R jose.r.r at metztli.com
Wed May 13 19:13:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM, ESGLinux <esggrupos at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/13 Jose R R <jose.r.r at metztli.com>
>
>> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM, ESGLinux <esggrupos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have configured that in the HOST machine.
>> >
>> > the virtual machine hasn´t that variable.
>>
>> Now, about your  vm, does it have the resource file
>> immediately below?
>>
>> /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
>>
>> And if so, what do you get when you do:
>> cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
>

> here is the output:
> cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
> jiffies
>
> and this is the other output:
>
> cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
> jiffies
>
> The same, so I think I cant replace anything :-(
>
> ESG
[...]

You may want to look at this resource for possible insight:

< http://projects.reductivelabs.com/issues/2169 >

And for an restatement of the prior suggestions:

< http://books.google.com/books?id=dKaBdb-xYcoC&pg=PA248&lpg=PA248&dq=/proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock&source=bl&ots=c7B6HRpQKg&sig=eVt3uAQt60Fwew-4n7v_Oc9V298&hl=en&ei=tgsLSpL7LKWatAPr4pDbCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9#PPA248,M1

In essence, this may be one of those occasions in which the higher
Form of the Ideal must cede its place to mundane physical reality:

< http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-11/msg00976.html >

Regards.

--
Jose R R