Scripts to Be Executed at Logout Event

Devarishi Kumar Mahadeva dk_mahadeva at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 12:54:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

I want to execute a certain script whenever a user logs out. I have tried .bash_logout file and it serves the purpose but then I have to modify each user's .bash_logout file. So, is there any way to do this on a system-wide level just as we can have scripts run at system start-up event by specifying them in the file /etc/profile?

With regards,     Devarishi Kumar Mahadeva  System Analyst (Data Center Operations)  HCL Comnet, Noida (India).  Mobile No.: +91 - 9999675198