Xen virtual machines and ntp

Jose R R jose.r.r at metztli.com
Tue May 19 07:27:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Jose R R <jose.r.r at metztli.com> wrote:
[...]
> Current economic conditions are dragging conservative attitudes into
> outsourcing their IT plumbing and cloud computing does exactly that.
> The proliferation of cloud computing platform delivery mechanism
> providers, of which Amazon EC2 is the poster child, should start
> smashing those artificial attitudes.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here. If I read it one way, you're
attacking my attitude. If I read it another, you're attacking the use of cloud
computing. Kindly rephrase.

[...]
Kindly rephrase.

>>        mark
>>
> Ok.  The usefulness of this thread is over ...I will not bite.

...humm,  maybe just a little nibbling --now that I have some free
time.  You are right in stating that my statement is ambiguous;
notwithstanding,  I am not attacking your attitude (like Socrates, I
am a mere mortal, not a god like Huitzilopochtli or Zeus or Vishnu)
--much less do I attack the emergent cloud computing platform delivery
model.   Here is the rephrased paragraph:

Current economic conditions are dragging conservative attitudes into
outsourcing their IT plumbing;  cloud computing platform providers are
the receivers or beneficiaries of exactly that (traditionally
conservative corporate IT) outsourcing. The proliferation of cloud
computing platform delivery mechanism providers, of which Amazon EC2
is the poster child, should start smashing those artificial attitudes.

You may want to read the following:

< http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/051309-web-hosting.html?t51hb&nladname=051809securityal&code=nlsecuritynewsal196424

Well, I hope I made a little more sense this time ...I am barely awake
and I do not plan to nibble on this any more :-)
[...]
--
Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com