Xen virtual machines and ntp

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Wed May 20 15:29:50 UTC 2009

hike wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM, mark <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:
>> hike wrote:

<MVNCH>
>> ROTFLMAO!!!
>
> first of all, i am glad you understand the tongue-in-cheek manner of my
> post.  as with all humor (?), it does a kernel of truth.
>
> on to a response,,,,,
>
> there is a great difference between a consultant and a contractor. most of
> the jobs that i would actually say that i am a "consultant"  but i was
> actually a "contractor". contractors are hired to do the work; consultants
> aren't. if you get a w2 and buy your insurance from the firm you are
> contracting from, you are a contractor.

Yeah, probably.

> by the way, if you get lay off, you lose your insurance.  you have seen
> insurance yanked--you just didn't recognize it.  you've never seen a company
>  reduce insurance benefit?

What I've seen a lot is having to pay more towards coverage. I've never had it
yanked. Ever.

> when we last moved, we purchased our insurance outside of the work place.
> this makes me a "better buy" to perspective employers. insurance is one of
> the tools that mgrs/phbs use to control/manipulate "employees". and the
> insurance companies and the government assist the mgrs/phbs--ever heard of
> COBRA?

You mean how I even have any insurance this very minute? Literally, if I didn't
 have COBRA, I'd have zero insurance. As I mentioned, I had some serious
problems eight years ago. (A single payer national healthcare system, like
*every* *other* First World nation has, can't come soon enough for me.)

> insurance sucks and is one of the biggest scare tactics that politicians
> have--there is so much goobly-gook about the value, needs, requirement, etc.
>  of insurance.  before the government forced company sponsored insurance on
> us, it cost $400-$500 a year for a family.  Now, the current administration
> is going to make it mandatory--you won't be able to get a job without
> insurance.  (It will be fun to watch how you will change jobs in that
> environment.)

Then contact your Senators and Rep and demand single payer, national. It *will*
be cheaper than for-ever-increasing-profit insurance co's.

	mark