Default params for quorumdisk

Schaffrath, Rene Rene.Schaffrath at mundipharma.de
Tue May 26 12:21:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

you need to configure fencing. If the two nodes can't see each other, they don't know in what state the other node is and thus halt every operation. If you configure fencing, one node will "shoot the other node in the head" (stonithd is used in linux-ha afaik), e.g. shut it down via ilo or an ups interface. The node only continues to operate, if the fence script notifies success.
This is a basic principle in any cluster solutions I know and is always a big problem in a 2-node cluster.

Hope this makes it clearer,
René