gcc error

Sanjay Chakraborty sanjaychakrab at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 05:24:25 UTC 2009

Thanks all for response.

It was application issue, cx_Oracle needed to install with proper
version The codes and application I restore from TSM to new server
which is running RHEL 4 and the application was running originally in
RHEL 3.

After cx_oracle and oracle 11g client install everyting fixed.

Applicaiton group

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Sanjay Chakraborty wrote:
>>
>> I am running an application in RHEL AS 4.8 and getting this error "***
>> glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer:" and after research  i
>> found the application that compile with gcc3.4 or highter run on RHEL
>> 4  crash but works well when compiled with gcc3.2.3 with RHEL 3.
>>
>> The problem is that I cannot change the OS level back to RHEL 3 and
>> cannot move to RHEL 5 and I have to stay with RHEL 4 only.
>> If I force install the old gcc (gcc3.2.3) will it make problem ... I
>> am not sure,
>>
>> Any one can suggest any idea  or work around ?
>>
> I hate to say this, but someone should fix the code.
>
>        mark, a bit too busy, but 12+ years of C
>
> --
> Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless
> means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.  - Paulo Freire

Regards.
Sanjay Chakraborty