configuration ntp on all servers

Yong Huang yong321 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 20 15:35:31 UTC 2009

> My question is what happens to a server that is actually at
> 15:00 and is 14:00.
>
> For example, the case with oracle when I say that has to go
> to the past?
>
> What happens to the logs if they suddenly tell you that you
> have to go to the past?

Oracle won't have a problem in terms of redo log generation,
or recoverability, because it uses an internal number (SCN) as
its "time". SCN always goes up.

It will have a problem with jobs you set up. For instance, it
may run twice simply because some time after it ran at 14:00,
the time becomes 14:00 again. So the jobs must be checked one
by one.

Yong Huang