Module version running

Santhosh A santhoshandlinux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:31:48 UTC 2009

Yeah seems little fuzzy.

but this is what happens. .

/boot/initrd-2.6.18-92.el5.img loads some basic .ko's  (you see that in
the grub.conf  file.. copy that file to .gz extention and cpio to
extract and see some .ko's.....)

in case if you want to see what is currently loaded..

Try this:

lsmod | awk {'print $1'} | xargs modinfo | grep filename

I'm not sure if there is a way to load it on run time and make it work
without rebooting it... some one please clarify..

HTH

Thanks,
Santhosh