RAM supported by RHEL

lonetwin lonetwins at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:39:34 UTC 2009

Thank you guys, the reason for my question was this.

We run a mysql database on a 32 bit machine., which has 4GB RAM on it. As
the number of transactions being done on the db are increasing we are
thinking of adding extra RAM on this server hoping this will improve its
performance.

So the immediate question raised is, will increasing the RAM improve the
performance of MySQL. Since the MySQL distribution will continue to be 32
bit, will it really be able to make use of the extra RAM.

I am searching for this online, and there are many many thoughts that i have
come across. Posting this here, hoping to understand the concept better.

Thanks.