RHEL Cluster & RHEV

Le Wen wenle at lenovo.com
Tue Nov 10 02:59:49 UTC 2009

Well, till now, no virtulization vendor can provide truly 0% downtime
product, even vmware's FT&DRS or Citrix's Xenmotion or MS's Live
migration, there will be nearly 1 or more seconds the client will lose
connection to the virtual server. From the migration's theory(memory
copy), we can know there won't be 0% downtime.
I haven't tested RHEV, but I've tested Redhat Xen live migration, there's
also a short pause, so I don't think the RHEV can provide 0% downtime
neither.

Rgds,

Winner

Wahyu Darmawan <Wahyu.Darmawan at ag-it.com>