one routing question

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 18:04:35 UTC 2009

Now i have solved the problem of the navigation of my clients, here is the
new problem.

I´ll try to be as clear as possible ;-)

the RHEL is the router/firewall of the net and I have a web server and a
mail server benind it in the LAN.

I have 2 public ips, one per internet provider. I have setup the DNS with
two MX records for the two ips.

I use NAT in the firewall to access de the server   From outside of my net
weht I use one of the public ips it works fine but when I use the other it
doesn´t work.

I have this in my firewall:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 25 -j DNAT --to
192.168.1.40:25
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth2 -p tcp --dport 25 -j DNAT --to
192.168.1.40:25

the problem I think is with the defalt gw.
0.0.0.0 192.168.2.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth1

with tcpdump I see that the trafic reach the server but it doesn´t work. I
think because the request comes from eth2 and returns from eth1. So the
problem is that I need to set up that all traffic that comes from an
interface must returns from the same interface....

Looking again at LATRC I  have seen the 4.2 point. I have done all that it
says but it doesn´t work.

any help from there?

thanks

ESG