gcc error

Sanjay Chakraborty sanjaychakrab at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 00:31:27 UTC 2009

I am running an application in RHEL AS 4.8 and getting this error "***
glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer:" and after research  i
found the application that compile with gcc3.4 or highter run on RHEL
4  crash but works well when compiled with gcc3.2.3 with RHEL 3.

The problem is that I cannot change the OS level back to RHEL 3 and
cannot move to RHEL 5 and I have to stay with RHEL 4 only.
If I force install the old gcc (gcc3.2.3) will it make problem ... I
am not sure,

Any one can suggest any idea  or work around ?

--
Regards.
Sanjay Chakraborty