why the clock become very slow?

Le Wen wenle at lenovo.com
Tue Nov 24 09:55:02 UTC 2009

Hi there,

Do you mean you run a linux inside vmware esx/workstation or you run a
vmware workstation inside a linux?

Winner

"Tech W." <techwww at yahoo.com.cn>
Sent by: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
2009-11-24 17:46
Please respond to
General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>

redhat-list at redhat.com
cc

Subject
why the clock become very slow?

Helo,

I'm runnig a Linux with Vmware virtual host.
The kernel is 2.6.24.

But this day I found its clock becomes very slow,

# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009
# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009
# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009
# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009
# date
Tue Nov 24 17:39:06 CST 2009

As you see above, I input many `date` commands, but the time (for details,
the seconds) keep the same.

The system load is low,

# uptime
 17:39:10 up 0 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.23, 0.07, 0.02

# free -m
Mem:           498        214        284          0          9         39
-/+ buffers/cache:        165        333
Swap:         1796          0       1796

What happened to my system? please help, thanks.

Regards,
Wah.