problem about Nvidia driver with Xen kernel

Joey "ryutlis" Wang yalewhd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 07:39:15 UTC 2009

Hi, all

I am using 2.6.18-164.el5-xen kernel, Centos 5. And I am trying to get my
Nvidia Card driver working on it. The driver I am using now is
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.18.03-pkg1.run. I can get it running on
2.6.18-164.el5PAE kernel.

I did as the some threads said, used "IGNORE_XEN_PRESENCE=y", reinstalled
the driver, but still it's not working.

Here is the message from dmesg:
Oct  1 14:52:43 localhost kernel: NVRM: Systems with system memory mapped
above the 4GB boundary
Oct  1 14:52:43 localhost kernel: NVRM: are not supported when using x86 Xen
kernels.
Here is the message from xorg
(II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so
(II) Module nvidia: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
        Module class: X.Org Video Driver
(EE) NVIDIA: Failed to load the NVIDIA kernel module. Please check your
(EE) NVIDIA:     system's kernel log for additional error messages.
(II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so
(EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module-specific error, 0)

My total memory is 4GB, is this the problem that failed the nvidia driver?

Thanks very much in advance!

--
Joey "ryutlis" Wang

"To follow the path: