Huge number of files in a directory

"Fábio Jr." fjuniorlista at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:48:21 UTC 2009

Thanks Andrew for the reply

Actually, the 'ls' in the directory isn't work, takes too much time and
blow the load up high. The number of files is a projection based in the
size of the directory, with the avg size of the files, that dont vary
too much.

I have 2 SAS disk in RAID 1. Before this, all the data was in a single
disk without RAID. When we make the migration to a powerfull server,
with the new disks, it took 4 days to finish all the transfer, and it
was performed about 1 year ago.

I didnt have a througput problem yet, not network, or even write or
read. But I'm concerned about when this will start to botter me. More
time I let to start to apply a solution, harder it will be to be
acomplished.

I'll realy make a deep research before start to work and migrate
anything. I just wanted t know if anyone has already have some similar
problem, to share experiences.

Thanks again.

[]s
    Fábio Jr.