Kernel panic error

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com
Tue Oct 20 06:27:25 UTC 2009

Using e2fsck you can fix the bad blocks in your harddrive. If you are
able to go to runlevel 1, then you can run e2fsck from there. Make sure
that you don't run fsck on mounted file systems

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of subrah manyam
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:11 AM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: Kernel panic error

Hi all,

                    I found some BAD blocks in my harddisk. all of a
sudden
i found my RHEL server hanged i restarted forcefully, i found my
filesystem
is not mounting its showing kernel panic error, and i tried in run level
1,
s also pleasehelp me out to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Subrahmanyam.Bathina