How to fix NTFS on Linux

Joshua Gimer jgimer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:32:11 UTC 2009

You may be able to get the partition to mount by booting to Trinity
Rescue Kit (TRK) and using NTFSFIX.

You can get TRK here:

http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?wpid=1&front_id=12

You can get basic NTFSFIX command line syntax here:

http://man.linux-ntfs.org/ntfsfix.8.html

If this does not work then you could always boot the system to a
Windows Rescue CD and run "chkdisk /F". Here is instructions on
creating a Rescue CD.

http://www.howtohaven.com/system/live-windows-rescue-cd.shtml

--
Thx