printers... (HP)

Denny Snyder wolverine at jhu.edu
Thu Oct 29 19:10:40 UTC 2009

Can you telnet to the JetDirect?

According to the following:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpj05999

when the system is reset to defaults you should be able to telnet in and use one of the following usernames:
root, admin, administrator, or supervisor and get in without a password.

Other docs have mentioned "admin" as the default password after a reset...

Some more interesting things to try:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_reset_the_admin_password_on_a_jet_direct_card_for_a_Hp_2550n
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_reset_the_internal_jet_direct_on_the_lj_2015dn_back_to_the_factory_specs

Good Luck!