Skipping queue run -- load average too high

Stainforth, Matthew (SD/DS) Matthew.Stainforth at gnb.ca
Fri Sep 4 12:58:49 UTC 2009

Try looking in the process table (ps a) and read the stat column.  One
of the things included in the load average calculations is the number of
processes in a runnable state, i.e. waiting for CPU.

You can sometimes have high CPU utilization and low load average;
conversely you can have high load average and low cpu utilization.  One
doesn't _necessarily_ translate to the other.  A high number interrupts
can lead to this condition, for example.