Skipping queue run -- load average too high

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 07:44:11 UTC 2009

Hi.

One of my RHEL 5.2 server running on Vmware ESX 3.5 has started reporting

* sm-msp-queue[5086]: runqueue: Skipping queue run -- load average too high*

The RHEL-box have been assigned two CPU's, and appears to be working just
fine. The load avarage, however, reported by "top" is over 50, and I'm
getting the error mentioned above. As far as I can see, the load avarage
reported by top must be wrong. I've seen this type of error before, but
never found out what's causing this. Does anyone know what's causing this?

Regards,
Kenneth Holter