scsi_id

Thomas Fess dfezz1 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 13:04:27 UTC 2009

I am not sure which scsi device you are searching for , but you should see an sda, sdb type number.  So when querying for the wwid of the interal disk, use that descriptor.
such as:

scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sda (instead of /dev/cciss/c0d0)

Show us an df -h output and we might understand the make up of your server a little better.

You MUST use the wwid, not the sda, b, c number/letter  these change depending on when they come up and are presented to the linux OS, you will corrupt your data writing to the wrong lun.  This happens on reboot.
Use the lun id and you'll never go wrong.  trust me I have trashed many databases prior to learning this lesson

Here is a helpful link;
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-4042