problem with virt-install --prompt

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 09:59:18 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I have seen somthing strange. I have tried to load the kvm-intel module and
it gives me an error:

modprobe kvm-intel
FATAL: Error inserting kvm_intel
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-164.el5/weak-updates/kmod-kvm/kvm-intel.ko): Unknown
symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

And in dmesg:
kvm_intel: disagrees about version of symbol kvm_clear_guest_page
kvm_intel: Unknown symbol kvm_clear_guest_page
kvm_intel: disagrees about version of symbol gfn_to_page
kvm_intel: Unknown symbol gfn_to_page

so how I get this situation?. I only have upgraded to RHEL 5.4 but I think
there is a problem with the kernel and the version of the module:

#uname -a
Linux server 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

#rpm -qa | grep kvm
kmod-kvm-83-105.el5
kvm-83-105.el5