best performance options for nfs

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 18:41:34 UTC 2010

> I have read your post and the link, and now I have doubt:
>
> Note: Setting this size to a value less than the largest supported block
> size will adversely affect performance.
>
> How can I check I set the optimus value (or at least not a bad value)

Here is a bit more of the quote:

The value specified by this option is the maximum size that could be used;
> however, the actual size used may be smaller. Note: Setting this size to a
> value less than the largest supported block size will adversely affect
> performance.

It say's setting the wsize and rsize is just setting what the max size your
system can use. Your clients negotiate with the server what size they both
can agree on. Setting the size to a value "LESS" than the largest support
block size will adversely affect performance, so just set the maximum
possible size, which I believe is: 32768

--
Romeo Theriault
System Administrator