"nss conflicts with prelink" following RHEL 5.5 update

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 01:32:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Mun <mjelists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found the solution to my issue.
> If you care, please see my comments below.
>
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 11:27 AM PDT, MJ E-Lists Gmail wrote:
> M> Hi,
> M>
> M> After installing the 5.5 update, one conflict exists:
> M>
> M>    Error: nss conflicts with prelink
> M>
> M> Has anyone else seen this error?  What's the best way to correct the
> M> problem?  Should I uninstall both packages and re-install in a specific
> M> order or something?
>
> I had two version of prelink installed.  So I removed prelink, installed
> the nss update, and then installed prelink.  Everything seems fine now.

It only happened on one of my boxes but I saw a dependency conflict
for autofs with cyrus-sasl-lib and after investigating noticed 2
versions on that and cyrus-sasl installed for each of two
architectures. Removing the older versions fixed things. No idea how I
ended up with two but suspect something went awry with the 5.5 update
although I didn't notice any errors.

John