vsize from within C++ (UNCLASSIFIED)

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Apr 14 15:31:50 UTC 2010

Steve wrote:
> [...]

Right - system, either in awk or perl, only returns the status of the
command, and I'm not aware of any way to actually get info from it, other
than the *really* ugly way of <awkcmd> > /tmp/awkcmd.output; open/read
/tmp/awkcmd.output.

> I'll give this a try.  My Google searches didn't come up with anything
> this good.

You're welcome, Searches are their own art form - that's why I gave the
terms I used for the search, so as to give you *how* I found this. I
usually work my way down the tree: linux (top) vmsize (what I want to
find) c programming (what form I need the answer in).

     mark