Samba server: Sharing files with Windows clients

Blackburn, Marvin mblackburn at glenraven.com
Mon Apr 19 13:32:46 UTC 2010

Here is my smb.conf file.
My workgroup name is the Domain name but this system is not part of the
domain
netbios name is the name of the server.  I've played with some of the
options to try to address
some entries in the messages file.

[global]
        workgroup = CORPNTP
        netbios name = grsamba
        server string = Samba Server Version %v
        interfaces = 127.0.0.1 eth0
        bind interfaces only = yes
        hosts allow = 172.20.8.0/24 172.20.32.0/24 172.20.10.49
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        security = user
        load printers = no
# suggested add by Matt -- Start