SAMBA migration issue

Georgios Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Mon Aug 2 09:15:30 UTC 2010

  On 08/02/2010 12:35 AM, Revnon wrote:
> 4)In terms of the tdb files, have you backed them up during the file
> migration? (usually under
> /var/lib/samba). Usually I do (see SAMBA HOW TO 41. Managing TDB files. I am
> not sure how tdb file lookup could affect performance at large.
> Hmm, didn't move these files, as well as, secrets.tdb over.
> Just wondering if now i move these files from OLD server to the NEW server,
> and restart SMB, will it helps?

If you have the maintenance window (production server?) you should try
moving those files as well and re-install Samba to get rid of these
messages. I am not sure this is the cause of your problem (never heard
or seen TDB lookups slowing down something), but it will be one pain
less. Keep me posted as I am curious to know.

George Magklaras
Senior Systems Engineer/IT Manager
Biotek Center, University of Oslo
EMBnet TMPC Chair