SAMBA migration issue

Revnon revnon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 11:30:11 UTC 2010

I have taken offline the existing New Server and revert back to Old Server.
Now it's just as fast and normal.
Seriously no idea what wrong. Here are more info:

Old Server : Running RHEL 4.8, Samba 3.033, 1GB ram, 300GB x 2 as RAID-1
Samba shares are on RAID-1.
New Server : Hostname/IP same as Old Server. Running RHEL 5.5, Samba 3.033,
4GB ram, 146GB x 2 as RAID-1 and 300GB x 5 as RAID-5. Samba shares are on
RAID-5.

Technically, New should be faster than Old. Really Not sure if it's the
Raid-5 performance issue, or hardware. Both NIC is full duplex.

With Regards,
re\/non