Re: installing packages remotely without Yum

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Yard, John <jyard ais ucla edu> wrote:

> The installer did not install the package that included yum.
> Red Hat tech support tells me it is not possible to
> install the packages in a supported fashion.

You surely misunderstood something. As soon as your system is
registered to Red Hat Network, you can install packages using up2date
command. There is no yum before RHEL 5, but up2date is absolutely
supported and recommended way of installation/update.

--
László Béres            Unix system engineer
http://www.google.com/profiles/beres.laszlo