installing packages remotely without Yum

Yard, John jyard at ais.ucla.edu
Mon Aug 2 19:36:41 UTC 2010

I am referring to groups of packages as referenced
in anaconda or system-config-packages.

If you invoke system-config-pages and want to
install the @ editors group , it asked you for the cd s ,
which I have no access to. The system is 400 miles away.

I believe that to use rpm , I would need to know correctly
the names of hundreds of rpm s , sounds extremely
error prone ,

JYard
UCLA