Compile new kernel with same configuration

 Hi,

I've modified the value of a constant inside of kernel and now I need compile the kernel for use this modification.

But I need that all configuration and kernel setting keep as in current kernel.

How can I compile new kernel, apply same setting and select this kernel for run system with it?

I'm using RHEL 5.5 with linux 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5 #1 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards,
F.J