Re: CLI for serial number or tag for BIOS

Priyadarshini wrote:
what file or command can be used to get information that can represent
unique ID for BIOS installed, it could be serial number or some tag or build
id.

I used "/usr/sbin/dmidecode | egrep -i 'BIOS Information' -A 20" command, it
shows some information about BIOS but not any information that can be used
as ID.
<snip>
I've used lshw, but we have a number of servers whose BIOS serial number *literally* reads "to be filled in by the manufacturer"

	mark

--
Hon. Pres. Medvedev,

If Russia still has labor camps in Siberia, might there be room in them for a number of gentleman we have here, who have been working on Wall St.....