rc script not running at boot time

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Thu Aug 26 19:17:12 UTC 2010

From: James D. Parra Sent: August 26, 2010 11:46

> However, upon reboot the service does not start.

Hi James:

I have encounter the same problem and here is what I have done:

1. Add the following lines to the top of you script file:

   # chkconfig:    235 99 01

2. Run chkconfig to "add" the script:

   chkconfig  --add /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S50pgstartstop

A Google search on chkconfig should supply you with the reasoning
behind this (much more eloquently than I can).

You might also want to add the following line to your script file:

   touch /var/lock/subsys/S50pgstartstop

IIRC this was required in order to the shutdown to work correctly.

HTH

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com