Disk mapping for oracle ASM

Matty Sarro msarro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 18:15:26 UTC 2010

Also, as far as libraries are concerned, I've installed the asm libs for
2.6.164, and then upgraded to 2.6.194 and it didn't give me any issues. I
did upgrade the library after the fact just to be safe, but so long as you
keep an eye on it I think you should be fine. Oracle has a vested interest
in keeping the library up to date with the latest kernel since their distro
of linux is basically rebranded red hat.