Run heavy loaded web farm using NFS storage

Dusan Djordjevic dj.dule.liste at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:49:16 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Since we would need to change some config on web farm layer, I
consider moving it to Red Hat 6. Architecture that I do have in mind
is:

Load Balancer
4 x web server (Red Hat 6, Apache out of box)
NetApp storage mounted via NFS

Site serves mainly static content and connects to Tomcat app servers.
Sometimes it can have thousands of simultaneous connections.

I do not have any recent experience with NFS storage, especially with
Red Hat 6.

Any advices for or against this solution ?
Performance wise, is it going to work properly ?
Any other things I should think about before I do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Dusan