[RedHat Cluster] Cannot start Cluster Service Manager : Networking not configured

Parvez Shaikh parvez.h.shaikh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 05:30:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am trying to start rgmanager service on one of my host which is part
of 2 node cluster. CMAN and rgmanager both are running on host 1, CMAN
started without any issue at host 2 but when I try to start rgmanager
on host 2 I get following message  -

service rgmanager start
Cannot start Cluster Service Manager: Networking not configured

Any help would be of great help. Any pointers to documentation
(already have red hat admin guide but not much of help when it comes
to troubleshooting) would also be appreciated greatly.

Yours gratefully,
Parvez