redirect system console to serial port ttyS1 and default as well.

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 19:55:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

This is rhel 6 (santiago). As most of the configuration has been moved
to /etc/init , I am wondering how this redirection is configured now.

Earlier I did /etc/inittab, following lines,

s1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 115200 ttyS1 vt100

that did it. Newer /etc/inititab does tell me that I need to work with
/etc/init/serial.conf and /etc/init/tty.conf . So, how to do this?

Is it possible to redirecto console to only ttyS1 atleast if not both?

Please let me know. Thanks.

~A