/tmp perms and crontab -e as a user on Santiago

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 18:04:49 UTC 2010

Thanks Jonathan and Jim. I am not sure if this RHEL6 thing or this is
a result of starting the installation through Dell SBUU DVD. This DVD
does show redhat 6 option. That's why I continued using it. May be
booting with RHEL DVd is best way I guess.

I can reset the permission once I have answer to one more question.

Is there any link between /var/tmp and /tmp

I do see,

ls -ald /var/tmp
drwxrwxrwt. 4 root root 4096 Dec 21 10:59 /var/tmp

ls -ald /tmp
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Dec 21 11:03 /tmp

No link in between  /var/tmp and /tmp

Please let me know.

~A

--
upen,
emerge -uD life (Upgrade Life with dependencies)