rhev-h and virsh

Marcin Krol mrkafk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:31:41 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

2 questions:

1. I want to use virsh on rhev-h (well it's there all right) and I get this:

[root at NC143218 /]# virsh list
error: unable to connect to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such
file or directory
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

[root at NC143218 /]# virsh --connect "qemu:///system"
error: unable to connect to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such
file or directory
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

At the same time, I have 2 guests installed via RHEV Manager running on
this host. So hypervisor is running.

2. Where are the .xml definition files for the guests? I haven't found
them anywhere on fs.

Regards,
mk