wich disks belongs to which disk controller

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 08:31:25 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have access via ssh to a new server (which I haven't mounted) and it has 2
disk controller and nine disks. All of them form a big logical volume. I'll
like to know which disks belong to each disk controller.
Perhaps with the command pvdisplay and see the names of the devices? I'm not
sure if this is right or there is another better way to see it.

In general, the details of this server are unkown for me, so, wich is the
better way to list ALL the hardware to know about it? (something like hwinfo
command....)

thanks in advance

ESG