Best method for server cloning

cliff here c4ifford at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:10:31 UTC 2010

I tried to do a dd through netcat and I couldn't get it working

On 2/1/10, George Magklaras <georgios at biotek.uio.no> wrote:
> Check again.
>
> Gparted has LVM2 support since February 2009, AFAIK.
>
> GM
>
> Mike Burger wrote:
>>> I use GParted to clone partitions (and thus entire servers):
>>> http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/index.shtml
>>>
>>> As a sysadmin, I normally have a copy of the SystemRescueCD
>>> (http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page) which includes Gparted amongst
>>> other useful tools.
>>>
>>> GM

>> Last I checked, gparted didn't deal well with LVM, though.

> George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
> RHCE:805008309135525
>
> Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
> EMBnet Technical Management Board
> The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
> University of Oslo
> http://folk.uio.no/georgios
>
> Tel: +47-22840535

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to its intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this message and
all its attachments.