HA-LVM vs CLVM

urgrue urgrue at bulbous.org
Tue Feb 2 10:29:57 UTC 2010

It's a bit overkill in the sense that, as far as I have understood,
HA-LVM and CLVM imply the use of red hat cluster and its associated
components, luci, ricci, rgmanager, dlm, quorum and maybe fence device
configuration, etc.
All I really need is for the active node to mark the VG as "reserved"
one way or another and have other node(s) respect that and thus not
touch it unless forced to.
I would assume (hope) there is some simple solution that I'm just not
thinking of.