pam configuration

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:55:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a test server in which I want to disable the complexity of the
password. I get this in the system-auth file

password    requisite     pam_cracklib.so try_first_pass retry=3
password    sufficient    pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass
use_authtok
password    sufficient    pam_krb5.so use_authtok
password    sufficient    pam_winbind.so cached_login use_authtok
password    required      pam_deny.so

I have changed this:

#password    requisite     pam_cracklib.so try_first_pass retry=3
password    sufficient    pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass
password    sufficient    pam_krb5.so
password    sufficient    pam_winbind.so cached_login
password    required      pam_deny.so

but my problem is that when I run system-config-authentication I get my
changes override, (I know, I know, at the begining of the file it advice me:
#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
)

So which is the correct way to do what I want without losing my changes?

Thanks in advance,

ESG